As well-known as the stir fried curry powder (Pad Pong Ga-ree) is in Thailand many people might think about stir fried crab with curry powder (Poo Pad Pong Ga-ree) only. But for some people, they do not like eating crab. The top reason is that it’s difficult to eat. It has claws, legs and a hard shell making things harder to crack. But even so they still want to enjoy a seafood dish. And yet you can find other types of seafood to use instead. Most often calamari or shrimp will be used instead of crab.
Stir fried curry powder is an easy dish and has a simple way to prepare. And it can also be used with other types of meat as the individual pleases, it is not just limited to seafood. The taste will be lightly sweet and fragrant from the freshness and the intimate combination of chili oil and smell of the eggs. It also has yellow, red, and green color mixed in the dish making it pleasant on the eyes. So who loves to eat seafood or those who prefer stir fried curry powder can try to make. Sure it will be delicious.
- 10 fresh medium-sized shrimp
- 5 fresh calamari tubes
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- ½ onion
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 celery
- 2 green onion
- 3-5 chili (Phrik Chee Far)
- 2 Tbsp oil for stir-fry
How to do…
1. Start to prepare by removing the onion skin. Take the stem from the chili (Phrik Chee Far) off, and cut the bottom part of celery and the root of green onion off. Then wash all with water thoroughly. Chop chili (Phrik Chee Far) into diagonal shape. Chop onion into thin bite-sized pieces, for the celery and green onion, chop into sections 1-1.5 inches in length.
2. Rinse shrimp and squid thoroughly. Shrimp, take off the shells, and cut out the black line in the back. The calamari, cut cross-wise into bite-sized pieces.
3. Crack the eggs into the bowl, beat until the eggs rise. Then add unsweetened condensed milk, chili oil and curry powder and then beat them together again, Set aside.
4. Put the pan on the stove over medium heat, and add the oil into the pan. Wait until the oil is hot then add the minced garlic to fry till fragrant and yellow. Add chopped onion and fry until fragrant and medium cooked. Then add the prepared calamari and shrimps. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Stir well together and for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour the chili oil mixture into the pan. Stir the mixture and everything well together and until the sauce becomes thick. When the sauce and everything are done then add celery, green onion and chili (Phrik Chee Far) into it. Stir a few minutes until all the vegetables wither then turn off the stove and lift the pan down.
6. Put the stir fried seafood with curry powder (Ta-lay Pad Pong Ga-ree) onto the plate and serve with steamed rice.